ACV (apple cider vinegar) drinks are some of my favorite morning detox drinks, and it’s not as weird as you’d think, I promise!
I use either a mason jar or a plastic venti tumbler from Starbucks for mine, but I’ve seen tons of people use whatever large cups they have on hand.
What does this concoction include?
- 1-2 tbsp of ACV (however much you can handle! I use the Bragg’s brand; organic + with the “mother”) You can always start small and increase your amount as it become more palatable to you. NEVER drink it straight – the acidity is bad for your teeth and throat!
- I fill the rest of the cup with water OR fruity tea (blueberry or peach are my go tos)
- Stevia; to taste (some people don’t like it too sweet, some do!)
- Flavored extracts; 1 tsp at a time, to taste (orange, lemon, strawberry, whatever you want! I get mine from Walmart.)
- 1 tsp ginger root (you can get this in a squeeze bottle in the produce aisle at your local grocery store) Sometimes I’m lazy and forgo this step.
It’s a good sipper to have throughout the day and it comes with so many added benefits!
Here are 3 of my favorite extract combos:
- Strawberry & Lemon
- Banana & Coconut
- Cherry & Lime
Some benefits of drinking ACV include its anti inflammatory properties, its an anti bacterial that boosts the immune system, it helps your gut and aids in digestion, it can relieve bloating, and so much more!
Grab a shot glass, some water, and your favorite extracts and make this part of your routine!