A fun post today! & I thought I’d do a little tiny review + routine overview on all my most-used products.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a makeup guru. I am the farthest thing from being a makeup guru. I actually don’t even really enjoy makeup so much anymore. I’ve been really trying to love and embrace my natural face for what it is and I’ve been sticking to more of a light makeup routine!
- Bare Minerals is worth the cash you have to fork out for it – trust me. If you have dry skin, I’d recommend using a moisturizer before hand. I know that’s part of most pre-face routines anyway – but for me, my skin is so oily I forgo that step unless I need it in a specific area. (around the nose, hair line – or if my skin is peeling!) This stuff goes on so well and the coverage is amazing (from someone with acne) and it’s coverage stays the same all day long!
2. Revlon Photo-Ready BB Cream is my go-to for sunshine exposure. It has SPF 30 and smells so good! Well, it smells like sunscreen, but I love that smell. It’s a little greasy on my skin, but I am prone to oily skin anyway so I usually pair with a powder of sorts. If I’m at the beach, I just throw this on and go and then reapply with normal face sunscreens. This is just a good option for me because I’m always looking for coverage! It’s had no real effect on my acne situation which is good too!
3. I’m obsessed with mixing mascaras! I benefit from different brush styles so I always use 2-3 different kinds! I like to plastic applicators that keep my lashes from bulking together but I also love the bushier ones because I feel like they give my lashes more volume. Then I like using a small lash brush for my lower lashes and the inner and outer corners of my top lashes! I’m not really that particular about brands when it comes to mascara, though.
4. Maybelline Fit Me Translucent Powder (Matte + Poreless!) is the powder I usually pair with the BB cream and my winter-time foundation (The Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation). I obviously need a new one. I LOVE this powder! I buy mine in translucent because my other foundations have such good coverage that I don’t need any additional coverage in my powder, but you can get it in your shade!
5. e.l.f. is my JAM. You can’t be snooty about your makeup when it’s like $1-$5 a piece! I will say though, I do have to spend more money on foundations and primers because my skin is so sensitive and e.l.f. products break me out. But for liner brushes, eyebrows, shadows, application brushes, eyeshadow primer, and everything else – I always scope out e.l.f. first!
6. I swear by these. The Bright Future (green) is used as a color corrector for redness and this one is a really awesome product! I got it at Sephora but they do sell the same concept in drug stores. I’m not sure of the quality of those products, but this one is super! I’m obsessed with Naked Skin products but I can’t afford them all, so I chose this one first. LOL. It has great coverage but is still super light on your skin! It’s a bit light in color for me right now, so I don’t use it as much, but I do love it – mostly for under my eyes!
7. Love. This. Palette. I do hate traveling with it because it’s soo bulky, but I heard somewhere that you can purchase the tins separately? WHERE? Someone please enlighten me.